- About the Service
- Registration & Permitted Users
- Online Content Disclaimer
- Not Medical Advice
- Use Restrictions
- Intellectual Property
- User Content & License
- Subscription Fees and Charges
- Links to Other Sites
- Copyright Complaints
- Electronic Communications
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Limitation of Damages
- Modification of Terms
- General Terms
Effective as of May 25, 2018
About the Service
Registration & Permitted Users
If you want to access and use the Services, you must create an account (“Account”). It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete, and up-to- date information for your Account. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and have no intention of collecting personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not submit personal information to the Services without the consent of your parent or guardian. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services.
Online Content Disclaimer
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by the Company, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Services and neither does the Company adopt nor endorse, nor is the Company responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than the Company. The Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Services. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Services, or transmitted to Users.
Not Medical Advice
Though Users may seek and access medical advice through the Services, the Services themselves, and all related content, do not consist of, nor provide, medical advice and are not a substitute for medical advice. Results, such as those based on calorie counts or projected weight loss, may vary. Always seek the advice of a licensed medical provider before undertaking any weight loss plan. Reliance on any information provided by or found on the Services is purely at your own risk. To the extent Users access medical advice through the Services, the medical provider is solely responsible for all advice, diagnosis, treatment, prescriptions, or other exchanges that may occur between such medical provider and User. Healthie is not liable for any action or inaction of such medical provider, regardless of whether a User accesses such medical provider through the Services.
Your permission to use the Services is conditioned upon the following. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous,
- use the Services for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal,
- attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm another person or group;
- use another User’s Account without permission;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an Account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services; or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive activities;
- make any automated use of the Services, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure; bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another User’s the Services or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Services or harvest or manipulate data; or browser or computer.
Further, when transmitting and submitting any User Content (as defined below) while using the Services, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
- You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate;
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content; and
User Content & License
You understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all information, data, text or other materials or content that you post, transmit privately or make public via the Services (“User Content”) and that Healthie is not responsible or liable for this information. When you post, transmit or make information public through the Services, you grant Healthie a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Services. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. The Company, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Services at its discretion.
Subscription Fees and Charges
User agrees to pay the fees for the Services in accordance with the applicable fee schedules listed at https://gethealthie.com/pricing, and User authorizes Healthie to charge the User's designated card on file (with exceptions for organization subscriptions), as specified by user through the Platform, for all fees as they become payable. Unless otherwise stated in organization Service Agreements, fees for the Services are typically based on the month-cycle or year-cycle from which User commences Services (so, for example, if User is on a monthly plan and activates Healthie subscription January 2nd, he/she is paying for the next month, and will be billed again February 2nd via credit card on file. If User is on an annual plan and activates subscription March 4th 2010, the next subscription payment will process March 4, 2011). User is required to pay fees in full even if User does not use the platform with clients. When a user upgrades their account mid-payment cycle, "already-paid fees" will be applied on a pro-rated basis towards new subscription. When a user downgrades their subscription mid-cycle, changes will go into effect at the next payment period. All fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, including annual contracts. In the case of canceling an annual contract, subscription will end at the 365th day from payment. Healthie may charge additional fees for exceptions processing, setup, and other special services (including optional add-on services), and these will be explicitly communicated during the set up process.
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that the Users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, the Company has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Users of the Services who are repeat infringers. The Company may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Services infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C. 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information via electronic mail to the Company’s designated copyright agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work; such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(c) Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Services is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content; and consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Delaware and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Company copyright agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or User, the removed content may (in the Company’s discretion) be reinstated to the Services in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Damages
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (C) THE SERVICES GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Services, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Modification of Terms